Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

What can happen to me if I get sued over a unsecured debt I cannot pay?

Asked on 12/21/11, 6:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

terrence rubino rubino ruman crosmer smith and sersic

the creditor will obtain a judgment for the money due plus court costs and possibly attorney fees. the judgment is valid for 10 years in indiana. the creditor will then seek to collect by garnishment of wages, accounts, lien on real estate etc..

it is always better to make payment arrangements. you don't need the hassle and some day your situation might be different and your credit history may be important.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/11, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana