Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

Reposession Debt

I have to appear in court for a car that was repossesed 4 yrs ago. The balance after they sold is was about $4000. I only make around $1000/yr. - I supplement my spouses income. Will they most likely order me to pay the whole balance when we appear in court?

Asked on 7/05/07, 10:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Reposession Debt

There will probably be a judgment against you to pay the entire balance. However, you should tell the court you want to claim all your income as exempt. If this is a small claims court, the clerks will have a form you need to file. Remember, you will almost always have a better result if you appear and stand up for yourself than if you ignore the hearing. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/07, 10:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana