Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I was sued by the lawyers for a credit card company. The debt was legitimate. I sent the lawyers a proposal letter to make monthly payments, and they sent me back an agreed order of judgment for me to sign and return so they could file it with the court. What I neglected in my proposal to the lawyers, however, was a request for a dismissal of the case. Basically, what I'm hoping for is to have the same exact agreement in writing with the lawyers, and to have the case dismissed so a judgment is not entered against me. Should I not sign the agreement and instead send another proposal asking for dismissal? Would they be likely to agree to it, given that they've already agreed to a proposal initiated by me?

Asked on 10/25/09, 6:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Call the attorney and ask.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/09, 1:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana