Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I turned in my lease to gm and i owe 12,000 for the miles..they offered me to either pay 10,000 now or 450/mth for 24mnths--I can't afford either. They said since I live in IN they can just sue me and take me to court because of the amount, also my dad co-signed on the lease as well

what can i do

Asked on 2/18/10, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jorge GEORGE Rodriguez Law Offices of Jorge "George" Rodriguez

Regrettably you may be in a tough position. You should carefully read you r contract and advise your father who co-signed of the situation immediately. You will also want to consult an attorney as soon as possible. You may be bound by the original contract terms and owe the cost of the extra miles you put on the car. Your father can also be bound on the original contract and be required to be the amount owed or any portion you donít pay. You should seek expert legal advice as soon as possible to minimize your liability.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/10, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana