Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I won a small claims settlement against an independent contractor. He has not paid. Can I place a lein on his home, and attempt to garnish wages?

Asked on 9/16/13, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

No, you cannot put a lien on his house. You can institute garnishment proceedings against wages or bank accounts. You need to go to the clerk of the small claims court to get copies of the correct papers to start these proceedings. Don't get your hopes up too high---successful collections are very small in number.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana