Legal Question in Criminal Law in Indiana

My 'ex-roomate" called the cops one day when we got into an argument. They left before the police arrived. When they showed up I told them to hold on so I could put my dog away". I closed the door to the house behind me. As i was putting the dog away they opened the door and let themselves in. They then allegedly found "30+ grams or marijuana" in my house. I caught a D felony possession charge over it. Do i have a case since they let themselves in? Also, I don't know if it matters but we were renting the house.

Asked on 2/17/12, 4:08 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

You may have a case to suppress the evidence. You need to have a lawyer to press it successfully.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/12, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Indiana