Legal Question in Criminal Law in Indiana

sentence modification

i am curious as to how i request a sentence modification. i am currently serving a sentence for class c felony theft, i am 29 and this is my first ever arrest. i plead guilty, even though there was no property lost, and was given 9 months on work release. i am trying to find out how to see if i can modify out to probation so that i can be with my daughter. any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. all of the employees at the work release center said that they would write to the judge telling him i have been a model inmate but i don't know where to start, thank you again!!

Asked on 7/26/07, 4:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Hancock Hancock Law Office

Re: sentence modification

If you entered a plea agreement, you'll have to get the Prosecutor to agree to the modification. Otherwise, you have to live with the deal you made. If you plead open, then you need to hire an attorney to file the appropriate paperwork for you.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/07, 6:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Indiana