Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

My brother was dating a 13 yr. old girl,and he was 17.They were having sex,months after they seperated he got questioned about having sexual acts with her,and he admitted to it.He didn't get sentence until he was 18 and she was 14.They charged him with child molesting,they gave him 10yrs and he has to register for 10 yrs after he gets released.What can be done?Anything?He was sentenced in Dec of 2009.He's a good kid,and this will hold him back for the rest of his life.Please help me and lead me in some direction if there is anything to be done.Thank you

Asked on 3/06/11, 7:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

This is way too serious for a bulletin board inquiry. Obviously, he was put on trial as an adult. It is too late for an appeal since the sentencing took place in 2009. Contact a local attorney who specializes in criminal law to see about a sentence modification or any other possible relief. .

Read more
Answered on 3/07/11, 4:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana