Legal Question in DUI Law in Indiana

I slid into a stop which caused less than 20 dollars damage at 11:30 at night. I went to the only place in town, a bar to let someone know whatI did. A friend gave me 2 shots to calm me down and then we went outside to see if there was any damage. Upon going outside the town cop pulled up and I immediately told him what happened. 30 minutes later they gave me a breath test and arrested me. I was never asked for my license, registration or proof of insurance, my car was parked at the time and I had just walked out of the bar. I wasn't read my rights just takin in with a .09 bac. According to the indiana bmv manual any property damage accident less then $1000 I do not have to call the police as long as I let the owner know. Can I overturn the DUI?

Asked on 4/12/12, 9:40 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Can you fight the charge? Yes. If you have already been convicted, talk to am appellate attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/12, 7:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Indiana