Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

What can I do to enforce non payment of child support? Court ordered ex husband to pay as part of our divorce. Should I file for contempt of court or call my local prosecutor's office and have them enforce it?

Asked on 2/28/20, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You can probably do either. However, usually, the prosecutor, who has a very heavy case load does not move on these things quickly and it has to be more than just a few missed payments.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/20, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana