Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Husband left 1 1/2 years ago and has no relationship with me or his only (2 year old) child and does not pay support - does this qualify as abandonment, can he still get unsupervised visitation when we divorce, and will he be required to pay for my divorce lawyer when I sue him for divorce?

Asked on 11/14/13, 7:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

1. Abandonment doesn't get you anything, so don't worry about that.

2. He would get unsupervised visits unless you convince a judge otherwise.

3. He may have to pay attorney fees for you depending on your relative incomes.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/13, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana