Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Hi I have a question concerning my husband getting custody of his two boys 12 and 13. Well here it goes ok so my husband and his ex wife have joint custody of the kids his ex wife showed up out of no where and picked the kids up from our house (dads house) when it was his week to see them she knocked and they went out to talk to her anyway she ended up taking them with her and he tried to get her to let her have them back but she says they don't want to be over here so he hasn't seen them in a month so he's filing against her to be in contempt for interfering with visitation time so he finds out there has been a bunch of violence going on in front of the kids he got the Cps reports today one was from her ex boyfriend beating her up and the boys were at her house at that time the other incident was with her current boyfriend that we found out has been an accessory to a murder and in the Cps report it also states her current live in boyfriend had beaten her up while the ids were there and that happened febuary this year well she took him back a few days later and is currently having him live there with her husband and I just found all of this out he has the police reports the Cps reports and a paper stating that her current boyfriend was accessory in a murder the same one that beat her up she filed a police report against him and then took him back my ? To you is do you think he has a shot at getting full custody with the evidence he has

Asked on 8/13/13, 8:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Sorry, kind of difficult to understand the long sentence in there. It certainly sounds like he should talk to an attorney in your community who handles these kinds of cases. It certainly does NOT sound like he should go to court without one for visitation or custody issues.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 5:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana