Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

My son will be 14 years old this summer and wants to live with me. I would love for him to live with me. I am 44 years old and his father. I have been remarried now for 4 years and we own our home. We live in Indiana, and I know here the Judge will hear his wishes but is it still the Judge's decision. Do I have to prove my case, or will he respect my son's wishes?

Thank you very much for any guidance!


Asked on 4/16/19, 8:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

You always have to prove your case, which is why the involvement of an attorney is so important. Will it be easier to do so given your son's wishes, yes, but very few judges will just turn it over to a child to decide.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/19, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana