Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

I had a business relationship in which we bartered in lieu of exchanging money. She has decided to change the terms of our agreement, so I have decided to terminate this relationship. She has possession of my goods and is refusing to return them, until August 1st--when she can invoice me and we can 'settle up'. I have conversations from Facebook and text history that backs up my position. Since I do not owe her anything--money, goods, or otherwise...there is no 'settling up' needed. How do I get my stuff back?

Asked on 7/11/17, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

She doesn't have the right to keep your property. However, to regain your property in a proper and legal manner, you should consult with an attorney to file a necessary court proceeding to obtain a court order against her. This is not a do-it-yourself project and you should not go onto her premises to retrieve your items without court approval.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/17, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana