Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

Defamation of character

How long do I have to pursue legal action for a person making a false statement about me in the newspaper?

Asked on 11/27/08, 9:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

Re: Defamation of character

Merely making a false statement may or may not be libelous, or even if it is may not have generated damages.

Depends on the kind of statement made.

But...2 years from date of publication is your limit.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/08, 8:33 pm
Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: Defamation of character

Two years.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/08, 12:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana