Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

Gift deed

Land owner had given his land to other person for farming 50 years ago.

Due to this other person’s name came as Farmer on that revenue record on that land.

Today both persons are not alive. Before 3years land owner’s family gave this land as gift to the farmer’s heirs through Gift Deed as per the owner’s wish that he wished to give this land to the Farmer. Farmer had 5 children. 3 Sons & 2 daughters. But the beneficiaries are only sons & not the daughter. Can farmer’s daughter take the objection on this Gift Deed or is she eligible for to include her name as beneficiary in that deed.

Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: Gift deed

Hard to tell from the description above. If the grantor said heirs or beneficiaries (which would make me think deed was not prepared by a lawyer) of Farmer X, x1, x2, then the deed might be defective, but then the question is if it is defective does it revert back to farmer's family? If it just says I give to x1, x2, and x3 then daughter is out of luck there too.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana