Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

My husband's ex stole the title out of his car and forged documents to have the car registered in her name. We have a certified letter from the original owner stating that the car was sold to my husband. We have several witnesses who know that she stole the title and another witness that saw her forge the paperwork to register her car. Can we get our car back and can we press theft and forgery charges?

Asked on 11/18/09, 1:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Yes and yes. A suit for conversion and possibly replevin and file a complaint with the local prosecutors office.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/09, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana