Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

slander, false police report

I am a maintenance tech. with a property management company. A resident was recently reported for having an illegal dog and not picking up after the dog. I recently reported her neighbor to our on call officer for constantly parking in a handicap parking space. She has accused me of steeling a single speaker from her car and claims she saw me do it. She stated this happened on a Monday morning at 2:30 am but she did not report this until the following Wednesday evening. She also threatened me with violence in front myself, my coworkers, and an officer. Her last statement was that she would get out of her lease one way or the other. I want sue for slander and press charges for the threat. How do I handle this?

Asked on 10/18/07, 9:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

Re: slander, false police report

A lawsuit for defamation where you've been slandered or libeled is something you need to have done by an attorney.

While I have experience with these kinds of lawsuits, you really need to contact a local attorney for this and she or he will explain what needs to be done.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/07, 11:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana