Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

unlawful treatment.

recentily moved from from anderson IN to center point point IN 100 miles, my girlfriends parents own it but said in we did the complete remodeling of it we could stay rent free. AS STATED IN VERBAL CONTRACT IN PLACE OF RENT WE DID THE WORK. but became them constantily harassing us,coming into the house through the way of the key they never turned over to us when we where not home whenever they wanted, bulling, trying to cause me and their daughter to split up i have done favors after being cussed at like putting up their horse hay ect...girlfriend and i both decided it was time to move now they would not let us sign a contract,would not take 300.00 a month rent we offered,we told them we was moving by the first of november all parties agreed in an verbal contract,i pay all the bills at the house in my name except power. they called 5 days later at midnight and told me i had to be out by 3 that afternoon or he would remove i have to leave?

Asked on 10/21/07, 8:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center

Re: unlawful treatment.

No. Only a court can order your eviction. You must be properly served with written legal notice and have a chance to appear in front of a judge before an eviction can take place. This takes time.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/07, 11:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana