Legal Question in Insurance Law in Indiana

Hi I was in an auto accident in Ohio November 2016; had to receive chiropractic treatment until January. The insurance company just mailed the checks to me 2 weeks ago. We are going through a very tough time, as my fianc� is off work from being hurt at work ( a process currently being worked out) well he hasn't got paid in a month, so I used some of the payment to pay my rent and eat. If we didn't have that money idk what we'd do or where we would be, but the chiropractor is wanting their payment in full and idk what to do. I had to pay my bills and feed my son but I don't want to get in trouble for being "irresponsible " with the checks. It was suppose to pay my medical bill, but I didn't know we would be completely broke for a month... I'm just not sure on what I've signed and what they can do to me especially if they don't want to accept partial payment. We planned on paying them the remaining money and once my fianc� starts getting paid again we can make up for the money we've had to spend.

Asked on 3/25/17, 3:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You owe the money. Better get into that office and make arrangements.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/17, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Indiana