Legal Question in Insurance Law in Indiana

I unfortunately caused an accident and didn't have car insurance in Indiana. I'm unemployed with no assets, what will happen if I am sued? Can the child support I receive be garnished? Luckily, no one was hurt.

Asked on 8/07/18, 10:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

If you are sued, there will be a judgment against your record for 10 years and it shows up on your credit. You will also now have a difficult time getting insurance or getting your driver.

If the child support goes into a general account, a creditor can garnish a part of that. There are statutory exceptions for certain types of income as well as to how much a garnishment can take.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/18, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Indiana