Legal Question in Insurance Law in Indiana

Our family home burnt down and the insurance company is withholding a portion of the claim until we rebuild. We no longer reside in the state that the house was located in and do not wish to rebuild the house. We used the initial portion of the insurance money to pay off the remaining mortgage but the insurance company still refuses to release the remainder of the insurance policy unless we rebuild. The policy was a force placed insurance policy from a company that had already lost a lawsuit for overcharging consumers. Would it be wise to have a lawyer contact the insurance company?

Asked on 8/21/18, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen


Read more
Answered on 8/21/18, 7:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Indiana