Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Indiana

i am currently 17 years old, i am out of school, i have a full time job, and a wife. the complication is my wife live our of state and my parents will not let me leave. they threaten me with being a run-away. is this legal? i have my own vehicle and a job lined up where my wife lives, she has a house that i help pay rent on and her own vehicle i also pay for. we have one child on the way so it is important for me to get there soon. what can they do to stop me and what can i do

Asked on 9/07/13, 6:14 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

You are legally an adult when you are 18, not before then. You should sit down with a family counselor to try to work this out.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 6:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Indiana