Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Indiana

My mom and dad split up when I was little. He was abusive so we have been kinda in hidding for awhile. He doesn't know where we are now (10 years later) but I have heard rumors that he is looking. Well my mom got remairied awhile back and my stepdad adopted me. At this point I am considering an emancipation from my adopted dad and biological mother. (just for Legal purposes) My question is, are there any problems assosicated with that? And would this give my biological father access to me? By the way it might be helpful to know that I am also 18.

Asked on 2/11/11, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Your question regarding any problems is way too vague to answer in this forum. Additionally, if you were hiding from the father, I question whether the adoption was appropriate, however that inquiry is way too complex for this bulletin board. You can probably get a protective order with regards to your father having access to you. I suggest that you contact an attorney in person.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/11, 4:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Indiana