Legal Question in Employment Law in Indiana

Can an Ill. employer withhold mileage reimbursement after you quit. They have a policy stating that they pay for mileage. They are upset because I didn't give them 3 week notice. It was also agreed several months ago that I would be paid 80,000/yr, instead I was being paid 65,000. Not a figure I even talked about nor would have accepted, so I quit. Didn't make them happy.

Any recourse or advice would be appreciated.

Asked on 8/14/12, 3:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

Illinois law prohibits an employer from making ANY deduction from your wages unless you give written authorization AT THE TIME THE DEDUCTION IS MADE.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/12, 9:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Indiana