Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Indiana

What do u need to technically claim residency somewhere

Me and my husband moved in with a married couple (we'll call them don & tammy) and their 3 children on January 25th.dons mom who lives out of state owns the house.we had a rent receipt and we have internet on here in my husband's name.1 day (February 16th) while we was out don or tammy went over into where we rented & took the rent they r talking about kicking us out,is there ANYTHING we can do

Asked on 2/20/19, 10:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

They have to follow proper legal procedure which means giving you written notice to vacate and filing an eviction proceeding. They cannot just throw you out. However, your situation is a month to month tenancy, so they can ask you to leave at the end of the initial 30 day period, regardless of whether you paid rent or not.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/19, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Indiana