Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Indiana

Hello, my uncle pasted away from nursing home abuse and wrongful death of the nursing home. The nursing home admited that they were at fault, we talk to one lawyer and they r willing to settle out of court with a large amount of money, my question is my mom was his power of attorney and this law suit was filed by her, he had no living will involved. He also has a son that never really wanted to deal with father, the attorney said since he has a son then the money will be left to him, but he is no where to be founded. So my question is Who will the money be left to? My mother or his son or both. My mom even paid for his funeral arrangements. We r located in Indiana if that helps as well.

Asked on 9/10/10, 7:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Based on thei nformation provided, the son will get it all.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/10, 7:44 pm
Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

It seems there should be a family agreement about this. The lawyer you are working with now should be able to assist in this or you should hire a trained mediator to help. Mary Hoeller 317-633-4002.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/10, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Indiana