Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Clear cut case

I was invovled in a car wreck that was 100% the other guy's fault (which is documented in a police report) he is 17 and i beleive his parents have a 100,000 policy. I do not plan on settling with his insurance agency any time soon....I have sustained substantial injuries.. had to be life flighted (due to head trauma) and will have to miss a total of 3 weeks of work, I will need plastic surgery on my ear in the future, i have diziness when i stand, my knee is numb where it was bruised, broke 2 teeth (i have other inguries as well, but I do not think I have enough 'characters' to list them all)

What I am getting at is should I hire an attourney, is it worth it? Do I let him handle it and maybe not get the money I derserve due to the fees? Is there a way to know how much I deserve, above and beyond medical bills, and all the clear cut expenses? How much should I ask for for the future, I may have headaches for the rest of my life?! there is no way of do you put a price on that?! Is it worth it to get a lawyer? Do lawyer's take 1/3 off of the total settlement or off what actually goes into the client's pocket? ... Please Help! Thanks so much for your time

Asked on 6/01/07, 1:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Clear cut case

You definately need an attorney. There may be other sources other than the insurance available for recovery.

Your questions can not be answered without a full evaluation of your case. However, you are entitled to past medical, future medical, lost wages, past and future, diability and disfigurement and oain and suffering.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you. I am affiliated with a firm that has 5 offices throughout Indiana.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/07, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana