Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Parental Imunity

Can an adult son who lives in another state pursue a guest passenger injury claim against his father in Indiana? Is there a Code section dealing with this issue? The son is 30 years old, married, lives hundreds of miles away, and was visiting father at time of accident.

Asked on 5/21/03, 5:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Poland Law Offices of William H. Poland

Re: Parental Imunity

If the accident was in Tennessee, you may sue your parent under Tennessee law. There is a one year statute of limitations on personal injury claims arising in Tennessee.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/03, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana