Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Personal Injury

This accident happened in 2004, almost 4 years ago. I had an attorney in Indiana, but since it happened in Illinois, was transferred to an Illinois attorney almost 2 years ago. Since then, my attorney has not done a thing. He keeps saying the other party does not want to go to trial, but they made a very low offer, I think $6000, which is ridiculous. I have been in other accidents and settles out of court right away for that amount, less injuries as well. Anyways, I have been calling my attorney for over a month now, no response. His secretary keeps telling me he is ill, his wife, whom is his partner will be taking over my case. I did not approve of that, no one spoke with me about that either. I am tired, and want this settled once and for all. I typed him a letter stating I was not satisfied in the way his firn was representing me , and still no phone calls. Not to mention I have collection agenices calling me everyday becasue of two medical bills that were not paid yet from the accident, all the rest were. He said 2 months ago he would look into that, but never did. What am I to do??? I want to call the responsible parties insurance company myslef and say, lets make a deal. My attorney is not doing anything. The only time I eve

Asked on 3/05/07, 4:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: Personal Injury

You always have the right to fire your attorney for any reason. Hwever you will be responsible for payng the attorney for his or her time on the file.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/07, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana