Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

protection orders

My boyfriend and me got in a fight. He has a violent history, and my dad reported him for biting my stomic, they put a protective order on us, even though neither of wanted it. Is it possible to take it off since we both agree and nothing extemly violent happend? ( i am underage...17 will be 18 in sept)

Asked on 5/01/07, 11:05 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: protection orders

When you are 18

Read more
Answered on 5/01/07, 11:35 am
Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: protection orders

You will have to go through court and get the judge to agree.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/07, 11:37 am
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: protection orders

Being under the age of eighteen, you are legally incompetent to agree to anything. You could ask the court to appoint a guardian for you and then file a petition to modify the protective order. Most young men would treat you tenderly and with high regard, so why not use this protective order as a buffer to get away from this biting dog before you suffer some real damage. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/07, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana