Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

In the state of Indiana when settling a personal injury from a car accident how do you figure the number to ask for. From what iv read its usually 3 xs the amount of medical and lost wages, but is that the medical number that they actually paid out or the number that health insurance actually payed providers.

Asked on 9/23/13, 8:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

I dont know what you have read but it's quite behind the times. Twenty years ago, that was a general formula that some insurers used, not anymore. There are way too many variables involved for any type of accurate estimate based on a paragraph submission. Lawyers review medical records, bills, life expectancy, other similar cases, the facts of the occurrence, the permanency involved, disability, medication records related to the occurrence, statements of witnesses and/or parties, whether there were tickets issued and admissions made in the traffic case, the insurance company involved and other factors in evaluating a claim's value.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 8:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana