Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

two states in personal injury

Hope you'll answer me. This is a question for a business law class I'm taking. Alex had flat tire in OH. Sam's Company fixed in OH. Alex drove to IND, tire flew off, Alex was injured. Alex sues in IND. Which state's law will be used? I said IND bec that's where the accident occurred. But I'm sure it must be more complicated than that.

Asked on 6/08/07, 2:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Graves Bruer & Wooddell, P.C.

Re: two states in personal injury

There are very few un-complicated questions in the legal field :-) Withought knowing more facts, such as whether Sam's Company had an office in IND, I would venture towards the venue where the tort ocurred. In this case the tort, the negligent tire repair, ocurred in OH and thus, OH law applies. This is my knee jerk answer and may be incorrect. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana