Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

Tort Law

Could you please give me information on Indiana's 150 day and 180 day statues. I know that with an auto accident you have to put whoever maintians that road on notice. After I find out who maintains a road who should I put on notice?

Asked on 1/13/00, 8:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marvin Coffey Marvin E. Coffey Attorney at Law

Re: Tort Law

You are referring to the Indiana Tort Claims Act that requires written notice to a government entity withing 180 days of the harm. DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS YOURSELF. It is very technical. It must comply in detail with the statute exactly. And if your notice lacks anything required by the statute, you are barred from bringing suit. Hire a lawyer to do this.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/00, 11:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana