Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

uninsured hit me, need help

I was rear-ended in Indiana May 1. The people who hit me were not insured. I have Michigan insurance, uninsured, PIP on my policy. My insurance fixed my car, paid May's lost wages, have denied my claim since. I have not worked, been to physical therapy, not getting better. They will not pay anything until they receive the report from the IME I went to Friday, Oct 3. This doctor even told me, ''This is BS, I will write this report and make sure you get the care you need.'' How long can my own insurance deny my claim without it being a ''bad-faith'' claim? I was not at fault, can they never pay my medical bills or my lost wages? My medical bills are over $8000 and lost wages are over $12000. Thank you for any insight into this.

Asked on 10/06/03, 7:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Don Rosenberg Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras, P. C.

Re: uninsured hit me, need help

While I do not personally practice in the area of personal injury, my partner, Ronald Barron has for over 35 years. He is excellent and a great guy. You can check his bio and our firm at these web addresses. Firm and his bio at

Feel free to call him and pick his brain, he will be available on Tuesday 248-641-7070.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/03, 9:15 am
William Stern William Stern, P.C.

Re: uninsured hit me, need help

First, the insurance company is overdue if the bills submitted are not paid within 30 days. However, if you have uninsured motorists coverage as you indicate, you should get a very competent, experienced attorney to handle that portion of the case. Remember, that IME will be used not only in your firsts party issues but also in the uninsured motorist case. I have a great deal of experience in this area. I am located in Southfield. If you wish to discuss this, give me a call at 248-353-9400. Bill Stern

Read more
Answered on 10/06/03, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana