Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

work injury

Hi. In 1986 I quit my job at a fortune 500 company in South Bend Indiana due to a severe skin reaction from harsh chemicals. I had worked there since 1975. The skin condition was caused by these chemicals and it is a chronic condition, preventing me from working woith my hands.

I recently became aware that this company was required to provide us, or 'post' MSDS's in our workplace informing us of chemical hazards we were using. They did not.

Due I have a casue of action after all these years?


Asked on 10/07/03, 8:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: work injury

I suggest you try to find a class action concerning your former employer and/or the chemicals. Try doing a search at for the terms "class action" and the chemical and company names. You may find some contact information about law firms that are involved. If there has been some active concealment, then you may still have a cause of action. Be aware, however, that your claim for relief as far as the employer goes, is probably limited to the workers compensation remedy.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/03, 8:12 am
Frank Pasternak Pasternak & Zirgibel S.C.

Re: work injury

I suggest you contact a reputable Indiana worker's comepensation firm if you did not make a claim for this already.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/03, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana