Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

We just had a house built. It is in a new development for which the roads aren't completed. The owner of the development put in a gravel road only as far as where our house is built. We used that road as a guide for where the setbacks had to be. Now that we are converting our construction loan to a permanent loan, we find the house crosses the utility easement. The utilities are underground and already there. The title company says they will insure the bank but we can't close until the issue is resolved. We are waiting on the land developer to call back. How do we resolve this so that if in the future we have to sell we can sell the house with the house being on the easement.This is in Indiana in an unzoned area

Asked on 10/24/13, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

A Q and A forum cannot be of much assistance for your situation. Hire a local attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana