Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I had a house in Richmond In and it went in foreclosure 5 yrs. ago. I now live in Greenwood and I am receiving documents suing me for the money. I have no idea what to do about this, I dont have the money or I wouldnt have let my home go. Do I need to see a lawyer to take care of this? Is it going to be expensive? What steps should I take?

Asked on 8/09/09, 11:48 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You should hire an attorney knowledgeable in foreclosure law. It may or may not be expensive. There may have been some statutory violations that will allow you to recover attorneys fees from the lender. You need to obtain all of the lawsuit papers and closing papers if possible and bring those to an attorney. I knowof at least one case where a foreclosure was set aside that was 6 years old.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/09, 7:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana