Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

House Sale Costs

I am assisting in my mother-in law’s estate. I have performed repairs, house preparation and similar duties to prepare her house for sale. In Indiana, or perhaps other states, what is the hourly fee (if required) and mileage fee for my work can I use to submit as a cost for the sale of the house? Also, how detailed does this list have to be? Since most of my work is not supported by receipts, is that a problem?

If it would help, the house was sold in Huntington County, Huntington, IN.

Thank you,



Asked on 2/23/12, 4:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Since the personal representative of the estate would have had to approve hiring you for these tasks, you should ask him or her how much detail is wanted for payment of your bill.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/12, 5:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana