Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

Indiana Foreclosure

My ex-husband is constantly being late on his mortgage. My name is still on the mortgage even though I have tried to get it off there. He has been on the brink of foreclosure several times. If he forecloses can the mortgage company come after me?

Asked on 6/22/09, 7:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Re: Indiana Foreclosure

You wil be named as a defendant in the lawsuit. If there is a deficiency after sale of the home, the mortgage company can come after you for it. Youd dissolution decree probably requires him to hold you harmless, but it does not prevent a third party from coming after you.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/09, 3:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana