Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

Legal Recourse against company

A bank paid one installment of my property taxes by accident. They came after me for the money and I paid the money back to a collection agency. They acknowledgent receipt of that payment. Now the bank is stating they paid a second installment on my property taxes. My mortgage company paid the county with funds from my escrow and I even verified with the county that they did receive payment from MY escrow account. This bank has been after me for over a year and we have argued back and forth. I have given proof that I was the one who made the second payment, and told them to get their money back from the county, but they are threating me. They have had lawyers contact me requesting payment. They have send letters upon letters requesting this money. Do I have any legal recourse against them for this harassment? Thank you.

Asked on 1/08/08, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Voigtmann Baker & Daniels

Re: Legal Recourse against company

Depending on other facts and circumstances, it is possible that you may have rights against the bank in this instance. However, in order to give you advice, I would first need to know the name of the bank (and your name) so that I can first determine whether there is a potential conflict of interest in advising you.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/08, 9:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana