Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I lost my warrantee deed to my Indiana property and find that the deed was never recorded. What options are available to me?

Asked on 7/09/13, 7:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

1. Get a new deed from the seller.

2. Hire an attorney to file a claim against the title company or a suit to quiet title in the real estate.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:06 am

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

1. See an attorney immediately.

2. S/he will advise.

The first thing an Indiana lawyer is going to do is debrief you about the transaction wherein you obtained the Warranty Deed. Once that information is obtained, then the steps will be taken to resolve the issue. But, this isn't something you should try and do yourself.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana