Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

My mother and brother are both named on the property that they live at. My mother is wishing to move into assisted living due to age and health reasons but my brother refuses to sell. What can my mother do?

Asked on 9/22/19, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have put both names on the house. If your brother won't sell, your mother's only recourse is to hire an attorney to file a petition action which would force the sale.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/19, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana