Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

When mother passed away was to get 1/3 value of her house. Brother decided to stay in home - payed sister but did not pay me my 1/3. Recently he loss house due to non-payment of property taxes. Helped him get check which was deposited into my account -he signed check and was present when this was deposited. Question - am I legally able to keep this check (less than the 1/3 of value of house when mother passed away)

Asked on 6/10/18, 7:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You can’t just “keep” it. You have to have an agreement or judgment as to who owes what before you can deduct your portion.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/18, 5:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana