Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

we purchased a home in oct. 2016, the previous owners removed a load bearing wall themselves without consulting an structural engineer or getting the proper building permits, on the sales discloser they check no for was any additions or alterations made without a building permit. since we moved in the house has sunk over two inches. we contacted a contractor and a structural engineer to see what has to be done we have put up temporary support in the basement to keep the house from sinking. We are looking at close to $30k in repairs. do I have a case

Asked on 6/12/18, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You may. You should get an engineer’s opinion in writing and then take it to an attorney to review. These are not cheap cases to pursue so you better make sure that you have some collection possibilities before you start litigating and spending money.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/18, 5:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana