Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I rented a house in sept 2011 on a month to month basis. I noticed that my landlord was getting quite a few "collection type " letters at my address as she used to live here. She said it was nothing. Upon investigating a little, I found out that the house is in foreclosure and due to be sold at public auction in early march 2012, and the landlord isn't returning my calls. What can I do to get at least my security dep. back and maybe moving expenses or more?

Thank you in advance


Asked on 1/30/12, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

There probably isn't much you can do. The cost of litigating over the small amount exceeds the value of your case. Besides, if your landlord was getting collection letters and is losing the house, the landlord probably isn't collectible. Chalk it off to experience.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/12, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana