Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

We are renting a house in evansville IN. Recently we were named as the "unknown tenant" as our landlord's house is being foreclosed and were served papers. Landlord is saying they are attempting short sale and "foreclosure isn't really happening". Wha tdo we need to do after being served? Do we file a letter with the court?

Asked on 7/04/13, 4:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You may not wish to rely upon what your landlord is saying. Regardless of that however, you need to file an answer on your behalf in the lawsuit in order to preserve whatever rights you may have. You may be facing eviction, so you had best make plans accordingly. It might be worthwhile to retain an attorney to protect your interests and perhaps work out an arrangement for you with the foreclosing party to allow you to stay on the premises as long as you pay rent.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana