Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

I'm on a title for house in chicago with brother who owns 2 3rd of the home and have not live in house for over 20 years at some point my brother incurred a 5000 dollar plus water bill and moved out 2 years ago now city is coming after me not him for amount owed. My question is can they do that and what are my options

Asked on 9/27/16, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You may owe the money. Pay it. You can sue your brother later. You need to sell the house, which a court can order to be done.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/16, 7:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana