Legal Question in Social Security Law in Indiana

misappropriation of SS funds ?

I know a 72 year old man who was granted living privileges in a private home. As part of the undocumented arrangement, this man's SS checks go into an account that his ''hosts'' have full access to. There was a strong disagreement at some point (not SS related) and the ''hosts'' threw the old man out. Now they refuse to return his clothes or furniture and they refuse to agree to cosign for closing the SS account so this guy can find a place and have control over his own money. Bottom line is they still have access to his checks and he is virtually homeless, although, another family has kindly taken him in.

Asked on 6/15/07, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: misappropriation of SS funds ?

The SS recipient, or his helper, should contact the nearest Social Security Administration office. They will help him straighten this out as soon as possible, so far as proper delivery of Social Security is concerned. Make an appointment with the county prosecutor about the theft of prior payments and clothing and other goods.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/07, 2:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Indiana