Legal Question in Social Security Law in Indiana

Social Security Card and Birth Certificate

The last names on my Social Security card and Birth Certificates don't match. I'm 18 and starting to live life out on my own, but I have a hinderance. Because of the above stated issue, I am unable to get a driver's license or any sort of legal state ID. I can't be an independent adult if I have no identification that withstands. I don't know how to handle this problem. Can someone please help me?

Asked on 1/10/05, 8:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Social Security Card and Birth Certificate

Call or visit your local Social Security office. They should be very helpful. And whether they are helpful or not, you have to do what they say.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/05, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Indiana